Skunks can be problematic mostly because of the horrible odor. For some, it is so bad i
t’s nauseating. For those who have a skunk in and around you lawn, you will want to eliminate it.
Like most pest issues, you need to start figuring out what brought the skunk to a yard in the first location. There are many things that you can do to stop this attraction and keep the skunks away. Here are the most effective ways to maintain skunks from coming about your property.
1. These may be an attractive food source for skunks and other insects if you don’t.
2. Do away with your leaf piles. You will find insects in those that skunks will visit your yard to consume.
3. Seal up your garbage cans. Make sure that there is a lid and seal on these. Skunks and other insects find food on your garbage, so do your best to keep them out.
4. Avoid leaving pet food out which could be retrieved by skunks or other creatures.
5. Protect your compost bins from being tampered with. Keeping lids on these or at least a few inches of cover will function best to keep the skunks out.
6. Utilize a flood light. Motion detector products are among the better ways of getting rid of a skunk in the lawn and a flood lighting is extremely effective. Skunks don’t like being vulnerable in the light. This may deter them away to another area that’s darker.
7. Use a sprinkler as a different motion sensor device. This may ship a gentle burst of water that will scare the skunk.
8. Get some pepper sprays since this will repel skunks and other pests. Make certain to reapply them especially after a heavy rain. There are also skunk repellents which you can purchase. This may intimidate skunks and help keep them away.
9. Contact a local wildlife or Raccoon Removal company.